3 Foods That Benefit Your Brain Health – Fitness Gurls Magazine

Our eating habits are deeply ingrained since childhood, making it challenging to change. The food we consume plays a crucial role in managing stress, anxiety, and general well-being. It’s a natural defense mechanism used by the brain and body to maintain mental stability. However, it’s important to be mindful of our food choices to ensure optimal brain health.

Also, check out: 3 Great Nutrition Bars on the Market Right Now

While breaking away from ingrained eating patterns can be discomforting and even lead to withdrawal symptoms, it is essential for overall health and well-being. Many packaged foods are essentially junk food, with only a few exceptions, requiring careful scrutiny of ingredient labels. It’s crucial to shift towards a diet that prioritizes health over convenience.

Most individuals typically consume junk food 85% of the time and healthier options only 15% of the time. However, this balance should be reversed for better well-being, with a focus on consuming nutritious food 85% of the time and saving indulgences for the remaining 15%.


Milk (non-fat or no-fat also) – It is important to avoid milk as it creates an acidic environment in the body, leading to mucus production and potentially attracting harmful pathogens. Switching to alternatives like almond or goat milk is advisable. Milk consumption has been linked to conditions such as cancer that thrive in acidic environments.

– White bread is also acid and mucus forming. It is also more difficult to pass through the colon and gives rise to constipation.
Sugar, the #1 food additive, is present in most products.

Sodas (regular or diet) – Excessive sugar content in sodas, averaging about 7 teaspoons per can, leads to various health issues such as diabetes, obesity, tooth decay, and osteoarthritis. Additionally, sodas being stored in aluminum cans can result in aluminum leaching into the drink, which has been associated with cognitive conditions like Alzheimer’s disease.

Regular salt (NaCl) – Excessive salt intake has been associated with high blood pressure, edema, and mineral imbalances. Opting for alternatives such as sea salt, low-sodium soy sauce, and herb-based flavorings is recommended to mitigate these health risks.

– Most people eat too much salt – over 10,000 milligrams per day. We only need around 200-300 mg per day.

– Excess salt is also involved with kidney problems, cardiovascular disease, stomach cancer, and excess sensitive to stress.

– Foods high in organic sodium are apples, apricots, asparagus, greens, red cabbage, carrots, celery, egg yolks, figs, fish, raisins, prunes, and lentils.

It’s essential to eliminate foods harmful to brain health and incorporate nutrient-rich options into our diets for better cognitive function and overall well-being.


Lecithin – Rich in choline, lecithin serves as essential brain food, aiding in numerous bodily functions, including liver health, fat metabolism, and cholesterol regulation.

Flax seed oil – This essential omega-3 oil promotes liver detoxification, bile production, and fat metabolism, contributing to overall health and vitality.

Apple juice and apples – High in essential nutrients like vitamin A and potassium, apples are beneficial for liver health, digestion, and weight management due to their fiber content.

Fiber – Adequate fiber intake is crucial for colon health, cholesterol management, and detoxification. It helps maintain a healthy digestive system and supports overall well-being.

By gradually incorporating these brain-boosting foods and eliminating harmful ones from our diets, significant improvements in health and vitality can be achieved over time.

Source link

Share With Friends!